IT Best Practices.
Why You Should Only Outsource Business Continuity to a Service Provider That You Can Trust
A recent survey conducted by Tech Target provides insight as to how business owners view their business continuity and disaster recovery plans. The following results of the survey show that many firms are now adopting the service to protect their future business operations:
- 77% of respondents said they have a disaster recovery test plan in place
- 61% of respondents said their plan covers mission-critical applications
- 26% of respondents said they have zero tolerance for data loss
- 30% of respondents said they could forfeit a day’s worth of data
According to the article, these numbers are increasing year to year. This shows that businesses are now realizing the importance of their data and taking business continuity seriously.
If your business is considering outsourcing your data backup to a service provider, consider what qualities are important for your business. There are pros and cons to every cloud computing service provider, so be sure to pick one that fits your specific needs.
At Global IP Networks, we use a Type II off-site data center located in Plano, Texas. Our data center is located in a flood-free zone so that we can protect your data to the best of our ability.
The Tech Target survey mentioned before had two other interesting statistics. They had to do with the recovery speed of business continuity plans and are listed as followed:
- 78% of respondents said that recovery would take 24 hours or less
- 14% of respondents said that recovery would take an hour or less
In addition to storing your data at our off-site location, you also have access to our 24/7 Business Continuity Center (BCC). We offer round the clock on-site support and access so that we’re ready to assist your business when the time comes. Our goal is to help your business recover to normal business operations as soon as possible.
If you would like more information about business continuity, contact us.